Why would you choose Accurec? Because we provide the safest battery recycling plant for our customers.
Battery evolution has changed the performance of batteries and accumulators dramatically – but has changed components and their hazards as well. Leaching has been the most threatening danger of storage with previous battery chemistries – whereas uncontrolled fire propagation is the considerable risk of today’s battery systems.
At its Lithium battery recycling facility in Krefeld Accurec has developed an extremely safe storage and safety program for Lithium batteries. After having unloaded customers’ delivery, all bins are opened before storage to check the adequacy of the packaging and insulation of batteries. Containers not meeting the requirements are repackaged or filled up with sand.
Thereafter, battery waste stored for sorting and treatment is supervised permanently: 24 hours/7 days. Each bin is checked by stationary infrared cameras and manually every half hour — night and day — to detect hot spot and prevent any heat propagation.
Furthermore, Accurec has designed and built a unique safety storage, which provides maximum safety:
– 360° accessibility
– 3 separated fire sections (fire resistance class f120)
– Infrared heat detection
– Redundant dynamic heat source detection system (roof)
– Direct alert link to fire department (on site reaction time < 10 min)
– Firefighting system with water flooding system (600 qm/h)
– 100% fire extinguishing water collection in underground reservoir